Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Books! Books! Books!

The bathrooms in our new building are icky, so I walked over to the library to use the restroom and pick up my ILL. It's a book called Classified as Murder and it's about a small-town librarian and his Maine Coon cat. You guessed it. They solve MURDERS! Apparently, this is the second book in the series. I'm troubled by this...but I don't think I'll be able to find the first one, read it, and read this one before it's due back :( I guess I'll just have to read them out of order! Back to the library: Something went wrong while I was checking the book out, so while Ms. Eichman was checking for a solution, I had time to browse the discarded books they have for sale. They're usually uninteresting books about Southern CoC history or out-dated medical dictionaries, but I found a little gem of a novel called Mandarin. No, it's not about tiny oranges (though that's what I thought at first, too). It's a romance about 19th century China. Should be interesting. The one next to it looked dumb, but after I read the first sentence fragment on the back cover, I HAD to get it! "A family held together by tradition -- and torn apart by love!" Sounds like a winner ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment