Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Fondant

I made a cake last night, but I can't post it yet. It's for a friend's birthday and I don't want him to accidentally see it!

I did, however, want to post that I figured out how to make the buttercream fondant (same stuff I used for the corset cake) not appear greasy on the cake: after you roll it out and smooth it out on the cake, just take some powdered sugar and brush it over the surface with your fingers. Voila!! No shine :) And it doesn't mess up the color as far as I can tell. Cool beans, eh?

Still, even though I figured out how to get rid of the shine, I don't like this recipe as much as I like the one I used for the bachelorette party cake (the one with zebra stripes and such) because it was harder to work with. Though it was easier to knead, it cracks easily and just falls apart if you're not careful.

Anyhoo, I will post pics soon. It's not my best by far, but it turned out ok :)

No comments:

Post a Comment