Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some Good News and Some Bad Flus

Here's the story:

You know me; I like to bake cakes, duh. The one random thing keeping me from baking more often is the fact that you can only eat so much cake! So, the fact that my friend Carlos opened up a bakery last week presented an amazing opportunity. I bake a few cakes a week, and he sells them in his bakery!! Guess how many cakes I baked this weekend. Ready for this? 4! (Technically 8, if you count the number of pans I put in the oven.) Guess how many made it to the bakery? Yep. Just 1 :(

And here's where the bad news comes in: I got the flu this weekend! Not wanting to contaminate the customers, I ended up having to throw away some of the cakes. BUT! The chocolate bundt cake made it to the bakery unscathed and uninfected because it was made by Erica and I didn't touch it :)

Speaking of infected cake, I believe Chis's got infected too. BUT! Since he and I both got sick, I'm not too worried about the two of us eating it ourselves. The only problem is...it's freaking HUGE!!

Anyhoo, hooray for the bakery!! :) I'll keep posting pictures of the stuff I send over. Let's hope for some commissions sometime soon!! ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment