Thursday, December 15, 2011

Recent Exploits

It's been a busy week! I've been doing some major cleaning and organizing and it's been great :) Hectic, but great.

Remember those kefir grains I bought the other day? Turns out I didn't need them since someone in my area had extra! Now I have a nice little packet as backup :) My first batch finished culturing yesterday morning, and it tastes wonderful! A little yeasty with a zippy tartness, and it tastes great blended with frozen black cherries and a bit of honey. Yummmm...

I also made some homemade sour cream that finished culturing last night. This is, hands down, the best sour cream I've ever tasted. I was dying for a baked potato last night!





All I did was pour 2 cups of heavy whipping cream, 1 cup of half&half, and 1/4 cup cultured buttermilk into a sterilized mason jar. Then I put a sterilized plastic lid on and shook it all together. Put it in a warm area and 24 hours later you'll have the yummiest sour cream ever!

I also worked on something I haven't done in years: embroidery! It was incredibly simple, but a lot of fun! A friend wanted me to add a little decal to a shirt for him. It measured out about 1/2" x 1&1/2":



Also, here are the hats I promised you:





I've got some more projects on the way, so more pics to come!

1 comment: