Monday, June 28, 2010

Cake-Bakin' Time!!

My first Wilton Course book is in!! :D I have limited supplies as of yet, but I do have a few tips and parchment paper to get started!! And as always, I can improvise a bit!

This means that there will be pictures up of my progress soon! I'd also like to put up some pictures of cakes I've made before, but they seem to be missing :\ My friend Amanda and I had our open houses (graduation party for those of you who don't call it an open house) together and made one big cake. Let me rephrase: one REALLY BIG cake. That sucker was 5 9x13's in the shape of a giant H for "Hastings" (our school). We pre-made and froze 24 roses: 12 big blue ones and 12 little yellow buds. Then we had an 8x10 picture of us printed on that sugar paper stuff and put that in the middle. We piped on the rest of the blue and yellow frosting and voila! A beautiful cake :) If I ever find those missing pictures, I'll post them.

Anyhoo, time to go pick up my book! Chris was supposed to be back by now...guess I'll walk!

1 comment: