Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Two Great Sources of Inspiration

Well, I didn't get around to decorating any cakes today. Chris and I had a work day in the apartment :) We'll probably have another one tomorrow. It's very likely that I won't be making another cake before next week, but we shall see :)

So why am I blogging, you may ask? I just happened to find my muse. A lovely British woman named Debbie Brown makes some of the sweetest cakes (no pun intended) I've ever seen! Here's her website:

www.debbiebrownscakes.co.uk/index.htm

She has written many books and created many cakes, some of which are adorable...




some are magical...




and some are even a leeetle risqué! ;)...


(and this is even a tame one!!)

I have her 2 magical books and the easy party cakes book on my amazon wish list :) Once I learn how to make and use fondant, I'm going to give those a try!

Aside from Ms. Debbie, I stumbled across this lovely website:

www.pinkcakebox.com

and fell in love with their cakes as well, particularly this one:

Pink Cake Box Cake

Yep, that's a cake. It's amazing to see how cake decorating has evolved :) Hopefully someday I'll be able to make cakes like these. But first, I need to learn how to make fondant, and that's 2 courses away! Until then, piping is my weapon of choice. And what a lovely weapon it is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment