Thursday, June 24, 2010

New Last Name = New Email = New Blog!

I even got a new web browser. Yep, the inevitable upgrade to Google Chrome has finally come to pass! And Chris was right; it is a lot faster!

Well now that I finally have a new blog that corresponds with my Gmail account, I'll maybe start updating more frequently. The purpose of this new blog is to act as a dumping ground for my creative endeavors. I have SO much I want to do! If I had any say, I would sit around and decorate cakes all day for a week. Or two. Then, I'd rotate between everything else I want to do: draw, write, paint, sew, knit, crochet, dance...you name it, I probably want to do it. If I had a yard, I would also love to garden.

The name of this blog corresponds with my old blog, "a patch of wild strawberries." Here's an excerpt from the old blog explaining the meaning behind the name:

we lived on about 6 acres of land (though there were 20 at my disposal since my uncle owned the neighboring 14) and in our enormous backyard, i found a small spot of grass about 4 feet in diameter. the grass that grew there had a finer texture than the rest of the grass in the yard. i remember sitting there, mimicking pooh bear's "think, think, think." and that's all i'd really do there; sit and ponder my 8 years of existence. of course, i wouldn't stay long :) i preferred climbing trees or going on long hikes through the fields and into the woods. this is where the berries come in.

our fields had a plethora of wild strawberry plants amidst ridiculously tall weeds. during strawberry season i would go through the fields hoping to find sweet treasures hidden under the leaves. wild strawberries are much sweeter than domesticated ones.

i'm not about sitting down. i'm about exploration. the wild strawberries in my backyard surrounded my little thinking spot. i want this to be a place not only of quiet reflection, but of bold discovery. i'm tired of sitting down.

...that, and i like strawberries.


So, yes, here is my new patch of wild strawberries, now cultivated into a beautiful garden. Mon jardin des fraises.

1 comment: