Thursday, April 7, 2011

Old Hooked #14: "New House!" (4-7-11)

Chris and I have been super busy this past week moving into our new HOUSE! It's wonderful! 3 bedroom, 1 bath in a nice neighborhood in town. I'm the most excited for the fenced-in back yard for Bo and Neville. There's even a raised bed for a vegetable garden! We are so blessed :)

Here are a few close-up shots of the plants growing wild in the yard:





I'm not sure what all is there, but there's definitely some Creeping Charlie and Wild Garlic. At first, I let Neville play around in the entire yard. That was a mistake for 2 reasons. #1:





Neville was a MESS after that!!! XD He had fun though, so the extended grooming session was worth it. But...(here comes reason #2) I've been hearing mixed reviews about Creeping Charlie for rabbits. Is it safe? He ate some and was fine, but I want to be more careful. Plus, there are all sorts of bunny-poisonous plants in the yard (ivy, bulbs, etc.) and some that I want to plant in the flower beds (ferns and such), so I decided to build him a little run for outside! :) It's going to be around the base of one of our pecan trees. I'm going to put up a 2 ft fence with rabbit wire, and on the inside I'm going to plant grass, lettuce, cilantro, parsley, clover, and some strawberry plants. Hey rabbit experts, any red flags popping up? I researched it a LOT, but I still want to be careful!!!

So that's been my life as of late: moving, gardening, playing with the pets :) Here are a couple of videos of Neville being adorable, just for good measure ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment