Thursday, April 7, 2011

Old Hooked #7: "The Bunneh Situation" (2-16-11)

I'm still dead set on getting an angora. Two, actually. A breeding pair! :) I am, however, going to have to wait until JUNE to pick them up :( That way, Chris and I can move and get settled into a house (if we find one around here for rent at a good price) before bringing them home. I've been reading books and forums like MAD to make sure I'm as ready as possible.

In the meantime, I plan on going to fiber festivals and some rabbit shows. I think I'd like to start showing again someday, or at least have the option available for my future kids. I loved being in 4H, and I would love to be able to pass on that experience and joy. Haha, I remember, when I was little, I used to climb into the rabbit cages with my dad's New Zealands and pet them! Big rabbits. Big cages. It worked out. I think I was only 4 or 5.

Anyway, I'm not sure if I want to invest in a spinning wheel just yet. Chris and I are still poor college students, after all. But without a wheel, I'm not sure what I'd do with the fiber in the meantime. Sell it? Box it up for later? That's why I'm going to go to shows. Maybe establish some contacts; figure out what I want to do about spinning, selling, breeding, etc. I'm thinking about a drop spindle, but I've heard they're hard to work with, and also that Angora can be slippery. Doesn't really sound like a good combo to me.

SO yeah, I just need to bide my time, be patient, keep researching, and enjoy my final few months of not having to comb out a rabbit daily! ^_^ Haha, nah, it'll be fun. Just time-consuming.

SO EXCITED!!!

*deep breaths*

No comments:

Post a Comment