Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Good News!!

I can finally start baking!!! :D

Chris and I went to Little Rock yesterday to find another Wilton Course 1 book for me so I could finally start my lessons. We went to Joann's first and found Decorating Basics. Not what I was looking for, but we bought it anyway. Then we walked down to Hobby Lobby and I looked in their cake section. Apparently they were having a class, because the cake decorating aisle was PACKED with people. Well, I asked the lady who looked like she was in charge about the books. She then directed me to Decorating Basics, Flowers and Cake Design, and Gum Paste and Fondant. Turns out that Wilton changed the course material and these three books are the ones I need, not the old ones! I promptly bought the 3rd one (they only had the second one in Spanish. No hable Espagnol...), kissed Chris, and thanked him for losing the other book! I would have never known otherwise!

On top of that wondrousness, I received my giant tip set in the mail today! :) Unfortunately, it's missing some of the tips that I need for the first book (go figure, right? It comes with 52 tips and I'm still short a few :P), so I'll either have to make do, or go buy the few that I need. We'll see what happens when Chris gets home from work :) Which is SOON! I'll post as soon as my first cake is done!

No comments:

Post a Comment