Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sorry, Nosferatu; You're Not Allowed in the Kitchen Anymore.

Bad news...no cakes today either :( I went to make some cookies last night and discovered red flour beetles in my cupboards!! EW!! Staying true to their namesake, they were also spotted burrowing through my flour. No cookies for Jecca. Today my friend Melissa came over and helped me clean out the cupboards and set out cut cloves of garlic, apparently a repellent for this specific specie. Now my food is protected from bugs and vampires :)

Even with a newly de-bugged kitchen, I still couldn't bake a cake (well, not a cake that would have followed the course material). My Course 1 book turned up missing :( We looked EVERYWHERE for it, turned the whole apartment upside down. We even went in the scary room (aka the office) and looked. Nowhere to be found. Chris has come to the conclusion that he probably threw it away :( He thinks he might have tossed it when we were cleaning up before our friends came over. As upset as I am that it's gone, I can't get mad at him and consider myself a fair human being. He's not the one who accidentally threw out her ~$100 wedding jewelry the week before the wedding :\ I've been trying like mad to find a free pdf somewhere, but to no avail. I guess I'll have to wing it and practice what I already know until we get a chance (and the money) to go to Joann's in Little Rock. As my fourth grade teacher would say, "Ob-la-di, ob-la-da, life goes on." Thanks Mr. B; that it will.

No comments:

Post a Comment