Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Four More Projects

The summer is almost over and I still have a few projects left to do in the course book. I have a total of three cake mixes in the cupboard and plenty of ingredients for frosting. I broke it down earlier into 4 projects:

1) Sugar cookies
2) Cupcakes
3) Final Cake 1
4) Final Cake 2

Yes, I realize it's counter-intuitive to have two cakes labeled "Final," but There's only one in the book, and, well, I want to do two! :)

I've researched some tricks to solve a few of the problems I've been having. For the drippy filling problem, I've read that if you heat up the jam and add a box of the same flavored jello to it, the filling works better. The website didn't give much more direction than that, but I'm assuming you fill a cake while the jam mix is still warm (they said to spread it on one layer of jam at a time, so it's probably still warm and needs to cool before the next layer), but wait until it cools a bit to fill cupcakes. Again, I'm only assuming, so we'll see what works and what doesn't. It'll be an adventure!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment