Friday, July 23, 2010

Whaat? Three New Posts in One Day??!

Yes. Here is yet another post of what I did today :) Busy day for decorating!!

The blue ghost on the Pac Man cake was going to be a pull-apart cake, thus composed of cupcakes iced as one entity. Since I ran out of room on the Pac Man cake board for the poor little ghost guy, I had to find another use for the left over cupcakes. I just practiced one of the lessons in the Wilton book :) These are the result:



The one on the top left was my first one...they progressively got better ^_^ The next step is to use tip #233 to make a shaggy mum flower. This one turned out the best:



Oh yeah, before I iced them, I filled the cupcakes with Red Raspberry Jam with tip # 230. The picture on the directions show that you don't need a coupler. I learned (the hard way, of course) that you DEFINITELY DO! Since you have to put pressure on the tip to get it into the cupcake, the tip will slide back up into the bag and your filling will go everywhere except where it's supposed to :P So, please, for the love of a cleaner counter top, use a coupler. Also, I used my hand mixer to make the jam more liquid. I might try not doing that next time as the liquefied jam just slides out the tip and onto the floor/counter/dog/everywhere.

Today has been a good day :) Lots of experience points. I may just level up soon!! ;) Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment